Sunday, July 8, 2018

THE ONE GOOD THING


By:  Shirley Wiggins                                                        
“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He Who promised is faithful.”  Hebrews 10:23

Will any good thing  ever come of my daily doings?   Those things I do every single day without even thinking about whether or not I will do any one of them today, I just do them!
My daily Bible studies, journal writings, research, collections of papers of  encouraging words for now, exciting words for tomorrow, and enthusiastic truths for eternity.

I cannot stop reaching, first thing every morning, for my
                                     -Bible,

-paper, pen and pencil,
                                     -devotionals, and,

                           my first cup of coffee.
  And,  yet, sometimes I do wonder, am I wasting:

·      time,

·      resources,

·      money,

·      my life??
I honestly do not know if anything I do will ever make any eternal difference for anyone else.   And, yet, I cannot quit any one of these morning practices.  This is my chosen way to start each day, and it is my routine, my reason for rising in the early morning.  These things feed my faith and nourish my soul and my spirit.

The one good thing I do know comes of, by, and from my routine of morning habits is that I bask all day long in the warmth of fellowship with my Father.

Fellowship with my Father… the delight of my otherwise seemingly dull life.

I am never disappointed with Him:  He is the icing on my cake of life.  He is the cream in my coffee and tea.

He gives to me – and my life – purpose and joy.  He is the Bright Light on the Horizon of my Future:  HOPE.
Because He is, I am… He is the “I AM” Who enables me to be, period.

The Initiator of Life, He is the Impetus in life:  the Incentive for living in the day-to-day (the “nasty now-and-now”), no matter how “dull” my lackluster life appears, at any point in time, to others.
The Lord of Life is the inherent luster of life – He is the Glow of His own Glory:  the Holy Spirit Who indwells His people.

From tiny sparkles and twinkles, His iridescence is “a glow of light from within” – LUMINOSITY:  illuminating every dark corner of life---- He gives spiritual and intellectual enlightenment.  His wisdom gives clarifying explanation to all the questions of life’s obscurity.
He demystifies the mystifications of the obfuscations – of the cloudy confusions created by the artistic deceptions of modern day cultures.

The greatest threat to the world today, in my thinking, is the lawless suppression of truth.
Jesus Christ said, “I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me.”  John 14:6.

Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, His body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled  to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.  Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He Who promised is faithful.  And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching.  Hebrews 10:19-23 (NIV.)
God said, … “Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God….(the way to salvation) … 1 Corinthians 1:24.

Those who seek to omit God and Jesus have fallen into Satan’s snare and are deceived into thinking (believing) that they are “wise” (know-it-all), but instead they are deceived:  see 1 Corinthians 1:18-31.
They are foolish in their deceived state, but convince themselves that they are “wise” and “intelligent.”  God’s plan of salvation seems to them foolish, and those who are saved by God’s method are,  in the eyes of the deceived, the “foolish” ones.

Ironic, but tragic.
For those who continue to embrace the lie by rejecting God’s truth condemn themselves to continuing deception.                                          See  2 Thessalonians 2:1-12.

Salvation and truth are inextricably linked:  See 2 Thessalonians 2:13-16, 17; 1 Timothy 2:4.
It is God’s desire that all people would repent of their sin, believe in His Son Jesus Christ,  and be saved in accordance with God’s Way and Truth  in order to gain eternal life.

I urge you,  first of all, to pray for all people.  Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.  Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceable and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity.  This is good and pleases God, our Savior, Who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.  For, ‘There is one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity – the Man Christ Jesus.  He gave His life to purchase freedom for everyone.  This is the message God gave to the world at just the right time.”    1 Timothy 2:1-6 (NLT.)

Now while they were on their way, Jesus entered a village [called Bethany], and a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her home.  She had a sister named Mary, who seated herself at the Lord’s feet and continually listening to His teaching.  But Martha was very busy and distracted with all of her serving responsibilities; and she approached Him and said, ‘Lord, is it of no concern to You that my sister has left me to do the serving alone?  Tell her to help me and do her part.’  But the Lord replied to her, ‘Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered and anxious about so many things; but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part [that which is to her advantage], which will not be taken away from her.’”   Luke 10:38-42 (Amplified Bible.)

Today we have a choice – choose the good part, the one thing necessary.
Let us not become so busy we are distracted from the blessed privilege of sitting down and listening to hear Jesus’s words and thoughts toward us, individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday By Shirley Wiggins   “ The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raise...