Wednesday, May 14, 2014

BROKEN

by Hallie Gipson

It seems everywhere we turn we see lives that are broken as a result of abuse, divorce, relational difficulties . . . the list seems endless.

Do you have situations or relationships in your life that are ‘broken’? Do you get discouraged when you think those same situations or relationships might never be made whole or reconciled? Who are you depending on to be the glue that mends what is broken?

All too often I forget that I am not meant to be anyone’s solution or to try to accomplish what only God can do. My God is the absolute miracle worker! It is only by His grace, mercy, and transforming power that broken people and situations become mended and whole again.

§         I am weak –- He is strong:
“The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous runs into it and is safe.”  Proverbs 18:10 NASB

§         I am hopeless –- He is the God of hope:
“Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”  Romans 15:13 NASB

§         I am without love –- God is love:
“We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God.” 1 John 4:16 NASB

§         I lack compassion –- God is compassionate:
“The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail.”  Lamentations3:22 NASB

§         I look at circumstances and see no way –- God is the God of the impossible:
“But He (Jesus) said, “The things that are impossible with people are possible with God.”  Luke 18:26 NASB

§         My sight is limited –- God sees all and knows the beginning from the end:
“Then she called the name of the LORD who spoke to her, “You are a God who sees.”  Genesis 16:13 NASB
“I am God, and there is no one like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning.”  Isaiah 46:9b, 10 NASB

Because “He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock, making my footsteps firm” (Psalm 40:2 NASB), I know He has the power to transform lives! I must be about the work of intercessory prayer for those whose lives are broken and who need to know of the transforming power of Jesus Christ.

God’s precious Word reminds me that He is the One who bears our burdens, delivers, and saves.

“Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burden, The God who is our salvation.
God is to us a God of deliverances; And to God the Lord belong escapes from death.”  Psalm 68:19-20 NASB


Holy Father, I praise you that You are strong; You are the God of hope; You are compassionate; You are the God of the impossible; You are the God who sees all; and You know the beginning from the end! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday By Shirley Wiggins   “ The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raise...