Friday, December 6, 2013

Reflections
by Hallie Gipson

December – the last month of the year – 25 days before this year becomes history! The end of the year is always a cause for reflection and evaluation. It’s a time to look back and ask myself those deep questions that probe the very depths of my purpose and existence. Being a bit ‘performance-driven’, I might even be OK (on what I think is a good day) with a yearly score card – you know, something tangible that tells me whether or not I’m living up to my God-given potential. My reflections of year 2013 drew me into conversation with my sweet Savior:

“If you were evaluating my year, Lord, what kind of grade would I get – would it be a pass or fail? Have I lived up to all You wanted of me? Of course, the answer is “no”, because I am aware of the darkness I yet carry in my heart, the times I have disobeyed,  my rebellion, my ugly attitudes, all those times I chose other things over You . . . the list of my faults is endless. But praise God that You do not hold those faults and sins against me! Each one that has been carried to You for forgiveness, it has been granted and my sin is cast “As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us. Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him.” (Psalm 103:12-13 NASB).

What a comfort and encouragement to know that You are a compassionate and loving God and that Your love for me is never dependent on me. You are love! Your precious Word tells us “God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.” (1 John 4:16)  It is who You are – Your character. And even though I may change with the passing of time, You do not.”

Hebrews 13:8 assures us that “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”



Thank you, Father, that Your love for me never changes and that when You look at me, it is through the blood of Jesus. Nothing I will ever do can earn the love, grace, and mercy that were purchased for me by Your Son. You are Holy and perfect and magnificent in all Your glory! I love You, Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday By Shirley Wiggins   “ The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raise...